High School

High School
Jr. and Freshman

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Count your blessings!



Saturday September 6Th started out like any other Saturday. Wake get coffee...yummy! Sit outside..drink coffee! See picture, not the best but I had only been up for a couple of minute ( my hair isn't even brushed..don't tell!) I was taking in advantage of some quiet time, before we had the invasion of my children's friends. Now, don't get me wrong I love that my children want to have their friends over, however I think I am going to start charging them at the door for food....better yet their parents have to send them with food!! So anyway, it started out a couple of days before as "Mom can I have a couple of friends over?" Simple question.....bet right now you are thinking....more came than expected!! To a certain degree you would be right! I forgot that I had two more of my own that would soon ask if they could have "a" friend over ( I have yet to see "a" friend) So all in all we ended up with about 10 kids over to watch movies! Side note all of the kid where well behaved. Okay, when you have children over to watch movies....one must go get movies. Here is where the day took a turn for the worst. It is now late afternoon, I have survived meeting my daughters first boyfriend and he survived us. SO we are all off to go get movies (sorry me, Savannah, her boyfriend ...his name is Jerry and three other of Savannah's friend) We are in the parking lot of the video store heading in and learned a very valuable lesson. Look out for potholes. If one is ever to learn something from me please let it be this: If you shrink by four inches on one side rapidly, chances are you have fallen in a pothole and sprained your ankle. It hurts. I was caught between to moments of wanting to pass out from the pain and wanting to die because I know that I have five teenagers with me who cannot drive. As I was at home on bed rest-Doctors orders, or as my children put it...lucky to be at home and that I was not the one who had to go to school. I thought yes, I will count my blessings. And find a different move store!

4 comments:

Debra said...

Hope you're feeling better and I have to say, I LOVE the hair!

Kee said...

Lil Sis
Hey cutie pie! I love that you are doing this! Call me soon, but on the home phone, I fried the cell. For your info, cell phones do not make good boats in a diet coke lake...I second Debra, love the hair too!

Love CJ

Shon O said...

Welcome to the Blogoshpere!!
BTW you look like a Texan now.

Kee said...

I thought of something else I should have written...Silly girl, Bobbi's don't bounce!